Sandhole Veterinary Centre acknowledge that our operations have an impact on the environment, and we are committed to improving our environmental performance in relation to our services and operations.
We are proud that Sandhole Veterinary Centre are working towards their Bronze accreditation from Investors in the Environment (iiE).
We have identified the key environmental aspects that contribute our environmental and carbon footprint:
- Consumption of electricity, gas, water, and other fuels
- Use of anaesthetic gases
- Waste generation
- Transport emissions
- Use of raw materials, including prescribed drugs and medicines
- Procured goods and services with their own environmental impact
Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- Compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and public/customer expectations.
- Practicing pollution prevention in order to reduce waste and minimise consumption by reducing our anaesthetic gas usage per patient and practicing safe anaesthetic gas usage at all times.
- Monitoring our key resource usage and implementing conservation techniques to achieve our environmental targets.
- Implement a waste and recycling policy and sustainable procurement policy.
- Minimising unsustainable transport.
- Take part in One Health sustainability project with our staff.
- Working with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation.
- Publishing and distribution of an annual organisational sustainability report.
The policy will be reviewed every year as part of the organisation’s overall environment management plan.