It can be difficult finding the right expertise for your exotic pet, but at Sandhole Veterinary Centre, we have both the qualifications and experience to offer the very best care to these special animals - from the smallest mammal up to the largest snake!
Our specialist facilities include:
- Sevoflurane anaesthesia
- ventilator (important for exotic anaesthesia)
- specialised tortoise surgical equipment
- full range of rodent dentistry equipment, including a high-speed diamond burr
- specific surgical instruments for exotic species
- state of the art digital radiography
- access to a specialised exotics laboratory
- rigid endoscopy
- live foods
- in-house blood, urine, and faecal testing
Preventative healthcare for your exotic pet
We provide a full and varied range of services to help keep your pet happy and healthy, including:
- ferret vasectomies
- pre and post hibernation checks for tortoises
- dietary and husbandry advice
- blood testing for general health and to check for infectious disease (e.g. PBFD in birds)
- post-purchase check-ups
- annual health checks
- faecal testing
Dietary and husbandry advice
It is unfortunate that despite the owner's best intentions, in our experience, as many as 95% of cases of disease in exotic pets are caused by incorrect husbandry.
That's why Sandhole Veterinary Centre is pleased to offer free post-consultation appointments with our exotic's nurse. Whether your question is about providing the correct diet for your beloved macaw, creating environmental enrichment for your red-eared terrapin or housing your chameleon correctly, we will be happy to help.